This Privacy Notice describes our practices regarding the Personal Information we collect through your download and use of the Gobble Shopper smartphone and mobile device application (the “App”), and your use of or access to the https://www.gobbleshopper.com website (the “Site”) (collectively, together with the App, the “Platform”) and all content, products, services and functionality available at or through the App and the Site (collectively, together with the Platform, the “Services”).
This Privacy Notice explains:
- The type of Personal Information we collect and how we collect it;
- How we use your Personal Information;
- The parties that we disclose the Personal Information to; and
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update your Personal Information.
By using our Services, you agree to the terms of this Privacy Notice and you will be deemed to have consented to the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
What Kind Of Personal Information We Collect and How We Collect It
"Personal Information" means any information that relates to you or allows someone to identify you, including,
for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, information about your transactions in relation to the
Services such as reward points, reward points account balances, redemption history, and account activities as well as any
other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data.
"Anonymous Information", means, data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Information including,
aggregated information. Anonymous Information does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons.
In order to enable us to provide you this Service we may need to and/or may be required to collect, record, hold, use, disclose
and store (i.e. “process”) Personal Information and Anonymous Information, including, but not limited to:
(a) Information you provide to us through your relationship with us, including but not limited to, information provided
by you when using the Services, when interacting with the Merchants, when taking part in customer surveys, competitions and promotions.
- Personal Information from you, such as your first and last name, profile picture, photos or avatar, gender, age, ethnicity, marital status, educational level, interests, hobbies, precise location-based information, e-mail and mailing addresses, phone numbers, device ID numbers, and passwords when you create an account for our Services (Gobble Account”), and any other information you directly give us through the Services (including, but not limited to messages that you send through the Services).
- Information about your interactions with the Services including, your engagement with particular Merchants, and the products and services you have purchased.
- Information you disclose through your interactions with the Merchants.
- Information necessary to complete a transaction through the Services, including your name and shipping information where applicable.
- Information such as files and messages that you store using your Gobble Account.
- Information from written communications when you provide us feedback or contact us e.g. your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply
(b) Information collected by technology via the Platform.
- Information from you, including your web browser type, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, user profiles, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit, and, with respect to your mobile phone, the unique device identifier, better known as the Android ID.
- Information from third party service providers, with your consent, which may include your profile content or other types of personally identifiable information.
- Cookies and URL information to gather information regarding the date and time of your visit and the information for which you searched and viewed. “Cookies” are small pieces of information that a website sends to your computer’s hard drive while you are viewing a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on the Platform. Persistent Cookies can be removed by following web browser’s directions.
- Information from corresponding technologies used in connection with mobile phones, including the Android ID, to record date, time, search and viewing information related to your mobile phone.
(c) Information from third parties or other sources which you have given your consent to disclose information relating to you and/or where not otherwise restricted.
(d) Information collected from you about others in situations where you decide to invite a third party to create a Gobble Account. We will collect your and the third party’s names and e-mail addresses in order to send an e-mail and follow up with the third party.
How We Use Your Personal Information
(a) For general use or collected by technology. In addition to the purposes stated above, we may use your Personal Information either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better, whether or not through technological means, for one or more of the following purposes:
- to provide the Services;
- to facilitate the creation of and secure your Gobble Account on our network;
- to identify you as a user in our system;
- to provide improved administration of our Services;
- to notify visitors about updates to our Services;
- to promote our Services; or products, services and special offers of third parties whose products and services we think may be of interest to you;
- to improve and customize the quality of experience when you interact with our Services;
- to send you a welcome e-mail and to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Gobble Account was created;
- to send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
- to respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests;
- to send offers and promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes;
- to track user-specific information on what pages users access or visit;
- to improve and customize the quality of experience when you interact with the Platform, and the Services;
- for our day to day operations and administrative purposes including account management, billsing and collection, audits, reporting and investigations;
- for the purposes of enforcing or defending our legal rights and/or obtaining legal advice;
- to assist in the prevention, detection or investigation of crime or possible criminal activities or for the administration of justice;
- for security and internal audit purposes;
- for such other purposes as may be directed or consented to by you; and
- for all other purposes in relation to or incidental to the above.
(b) Creation of Anonymous Information. We may also anonymise or aggregate your Personal Information by excluding information (such as your name) that make the data personally identifiable to you. This Anonymous Information may be used to personalize the Services, including directing certain advertisements to make them more relevant to you or to analyse request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of the Services and improve the Platform navigation or for any related market research purposes, either internally or through third parties.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
Subject to any laws (including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations) applicable to us and our Affiliates (as defined below) (whether in or outside Malaysia), we may disclose your Personal Information as described below and elsewhere in this Privacy Notice:
(a) Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with third party service providers who may be located within or outside Malaysia (a) to provide you with the Services that we offer you through the Platform; (b) to conduct quality assurance testing; (c) to facilitate creation of accounts; (d) to provide technical support; and/or (e) to provide other services to us. These third party service providers are not required to use your Personal Information other than to provide the Services requested by us.
(b) Affiliates and Acquisitions. We may share some or all of your Personal Information with our joint venturers, or other companies under a common control (our “Affiliates”), in which case we will require our Affiliates to honour this Privacy Notice.
(c) Social Networking Sites (SNS). The Services may, with your consent, automatically post, information on your SNS profile based on your most recent activities (e.g., you used a coupon to purchase tickets to the newest blockbuster movie). See the section on Third Party Websites below for more information.
(d) We Do Not Share Personal Information with Advertisers, but... we do, however, allow advertisers to request that their advertisements are directed at certain users (e.g., users in a certain geographic location, or age, gender and/or with certain interests). In the event that you interact with certain advertisements, the advertisers (or the company which the advertiser works with, for example, its advertising agency or an advertising network) may determine certain characteristics about you.
(e) Third Party directed or consented to by you. We may share your Personal Information with any persons directed by or consented to by you.
(f) Professional Advisors. We may share your Personal Information with our professional advisors including but not limited to legal advisors, tax advisors, financial advisors, auditors, insurance brokers etc.
We may also be required to transfer your personal data outside of Malaysia for the purposes and to such third parties stated in this Notice.